Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This weekend

It has been raining yesterday and today. It is nice in many was but there are a few down falls. I am grateful that it is a slow steady rain rather than all at once. Josh is thinking we may get flooded in today. We have had a lot of rain with in the past year this will be the fourth time for it to flood us in. One thing I can say that is nice about that is the creek has ran most of the time this summer. I just dried up most of it so it will be nice to see it running again. Maybe once it is sunny again will go swimming in the creek.

The car wash, bake sale, and yard sale went well. We all had fun! The youth raised over $400 for the up coming funds. Yay! A friend of mine that is an assistant youth leader made the kids some cool shirts that say Ask me about this..... Y C J C Y O D. If you want to know what that means you can donate the youth a dollar through me and I can tell you! They are some really cool fundraiser T-shirts.

Savannah was a big help to she got into washing them cars. LOL. She would even go back and wash them again after they were done. On one car she kept washing the same spot. You know that spot was the cleanest spot on the car.lol

We went to the lake on Monday and had a blast. Our friend invited us out there to ride the jet ski's. I was Josh's first time to ever ride them and he really had a good time. Savannah really likes the water and enjoyed swimming. And for me I had a great time as well! We all got some sun we were out there for hours. Savannah only got a little red because I but sun block on her. Josh and I got burn really good on our white legs and more so just red on the arms and face. After that we went to there house and had a BBQ and it was really good. We had some good fellow ship too! While I was there my friend Sherri showed me how to crochet a granny square. I am so excited about it! I started a blanket already doing the granny square.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you have had a great weekend. Stay safe in all the rain!

You have been tagged.. :)
http://inspiredmomof2.blogspot.com/2008/09/tagged-again.html