Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Doing some canning

Well yesterday I got to make some tomato sauce with some tomatoes out of the garden. It turned out good. What I did was crooked it down in my crock pot on hi with the lid on so I could do other thing as well as not stand over the hot stove. I ended up getting two quarts from it and canned it along with some jelly I made last night. The jelly was made from frozen fruit juice. That was the first time I had used the frozen juices. I have made jam and jelly from fresh fruit before just not the plain fruit juice. I mixed apple and grape and it turned out good.

Today I need to freeze some squash and pepper. I think I will have plenty of squash to get me through the winter.

The kid are doing well. Savannah has been having a lot of fun in her new pool. She would rather be in the creek but there is not a lot of water in the creek and I don't feel that safe bye myself with the kids in the creek.

No comments: